Sunday, December 23, 2012

Observations from 2012

As this will be one of my last blogs of the year, I'll keep with my custom (if 3 years qualifies as a custom) and share my random musings about the last 12 months:

I should have known the Mayans wouldn't get it right.   They also picked the Jets to make the playoffs......

Considering Steven Spielberg's ability to tell a story, I thought "Lincoln" would have had a different ending....

2012 was so bad, I wish it could have ended in June.....

You know there's something wrong with our priorities when "Gangnam Style" was web searched more than "Korea tests nuclear bombs"........

The most recent hurricane and my ex Mother-in-Law are now 2 reasons for me to dislike the name "Sandy".....

While we're on the subject of gun control, let's add water guns to the list.  I hate when the kids spray me in the face.....

Could you imagine if they produced "We are the World" today?  It just wouldn't be the same with Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Rihanna, and Katy Perry.......

If Apple made an iPad Mini mini...it would be called an iPhone.......

The Fiscal Cliff would have been settled years ago if we had better rock climbers.....

Activision needs to make a public statement saying that "Call of Duty" isn't an instruction manual.....

It's been reported that Facebook can capture personal search data after you hit the "Like" button.....I don't like this....

The word "tablet" has a whole new meaning today.....when I was a kid, it referred to medication.....

People are getting more passive-aggressive.  It's even in our music.  That's why Carly Rae Jepson says, "Call Me......Maybe....."

I discovered very quickly that it's cheaper to buy Lucky Charms than Pandora's charms.....

EZ-Pass is still great.  But I think they should change the name of the cash lane to "Dumb-Ass.".....

If online dating is filled with people who are well-educated, happy, well-travelled, financially sound, intellectual, and fun.....why do they all need dates?

Woody Allen once said that "the last time he was inside a woman, he was in the Statue of Liberty."  I don't remember the last time I was in the Statue of Liberty.....

Mayor Bloomberg couldn't have picked two more unrelated targets......Guns and Soda......

Politicians keep telling us to look on the bright side....that's hard to do with their heads in their asses......

Amazingly, my divorce was shorter than the fighting in the Middle East....

Instagram didn't turn a profit, had only 13 employees, but sold for a billion dollars....they didn't teach me how to do that in college....

Thanks to Mitt Romney, Big Bird became more popular than Larry Bird.....

A-rod will soon need a rod in his hip......

On New Years Eve, New York shouldn't drop a ball, but instead something we'd like to get rid of....like our Blackberrys....

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL...










No comments:

Post a Comment