Sunday, January 2, 2011

Observations from 2010

They say you get wiser as you get older, but I think that old adage is somewhat subjective. The jury's still out on me. Nonetheless, I had time to ponder some of the things I've learned over the last year, and decided to put these musings down on paper. So, in no particular order:


Since I walked my dog after the blizzard, I've lost any interest in lemon ices......

When I hear people say Woody and Buzz, I can't tell if they've watching a scene from Toy Story or The Hangover

Over the last 3 years, I've paid enough money to physical therapists to qualify for a time share......

The Wii was only meant for people with little fingers and little hands......

If you get your hair washed by the right shampoo girl, your wife has reasonable grounds to file for divorce.....

We seem to be more worried about bed bugs than terrorists.....

If I keep contributing to 401Ks, IRAs, 529 Plans, life insurance and auto insurance, I should be able to declare bankruptcy sometime around the middle of next year......

These new screening machines at the airport will allow me to get periodic looks at my hip replacement......

They should have sleep away camp for parents.......

I'm waiting for someone to create better medical apps so I can get a colonoscopy from my Ipad......

Conan is funnier when he's being interviewed than when he's interviewing almost anyone else.....

I've grown to trust my car dealer more than real estate brokers, doctors, and Al Qaeda.....

Most waiters make lousy actors, but several actors make good waiters......

Retail clothing stores require the salespeople to wear their merchandise, except for Victoria Secret...and that is truly a travesty...

New Jersey Transit trains should only be used to transport criminals to various prisons.....(wait a minute)

I'll never be able to retire, but at 65 I'm going back to school, and hopefully my parents can take care of me......

When my daughters begin dating, I'm moving out of the house......

People who write blogs should have their heads examined......


HERE'S TO A GREAT 2011.....ANOTHER YEAR OLDER.....AND HOPEFULLY, ANOTHER YEAR WISER.

2 comments: